The establishment “news” media have started trumpeting a new narrative that President Trump hasn’t done anything of note since being sworn in as president. Unsurprisingly, this narrative mirrors the propaganda being spread by the Democrats.
So, since the “news” media insist on continuing to feed us fake news in order to undermine our president, we’ll do the job that they are refusing to do.
Here are 20 important things President Trump has already accomplished for our country that the anti-Trump establishment “news” media refused to report to you:
1. National Debt: In his first month in office, President Trump reduced the national debt by $12 billion. By way of contrast, President Obama increased the national debt by $120 billion during his first month in office.
2. Soaring Economy: President Trump’s policies have led to 12 consecutive days of record-breaking closings of the Dow-Jones Industrial Average – the longest streak of consecutive records since 1987 – and the highest consumer confidence index in 15 years.
3. Keystone XL Pipeline: President Trump removed obstacles put in place by President Obama to the construction and completion of the Keystone XL Pipeline, which will create tens of thousands of American jobs.
4. Protecting the Coal Industry: President Trump blocked President Obama’s Steam Protection Rule that was doing enormous damage to the American coal industry.
5. Saving Taxpayer Money: President Trump renegotiated a contract to save $700 million on new F-35 fighters.
6. Saving More Taxpayer Money: President renegotiated a contract with Boeing to set a cap on the next-generation Air Force One that is millions below that negotiated by the Obama administration.
7. Protecting Our Border: President Trump followed through on his campaign promise by signing an executive order to construct a wall on our southern border.
8. Standing With Israel: President Trump kept his campaign promise to reestablish a positive relationship with Israel, one of our closest allies who was repeatedly abandoned and attacked by President Obama and his administration.
9. Ending “Sanctuary Cities”: President Trump kept his campaign promise by signing an executive order barring all federal grants to all “sanctuary cities.”
10. Revitalizing the Inner Cities: President Trump made a strong start on his campaign promise to reduce crime in the inner cities by establishing a task force, headed by Attorney General Jeff Sessions, to achieve that goal.
11. Strong Cabinet: President Trump assembled one of the strongest and most talented cabinets in American history and, to date, has had every nominee to come before the Senate confirmed.
12. Reducing Regulatory Burden: President Trump made a strong start on his promise to repeal and replace Obamacare by signing an executive order instructing all federal agencies to minimize the burden of Obamacare by any legal means possible and by his IRS having issued guidance stating that the individual mandate will not be enforced.
13. Further Reducing Regulatory Burden: President Trump made progress on his promise to dramatically reduce the regulatory burden placed by President Obama on American businesses by signing an executive order placing a moratorium on any new regulations, requiring that any new regulation by accompanied by the repeal of at least two existing regulations, and requiring every agency to assign personnel to reviewing and identifying all regulations that can and should be repealed.
14. Even Further Reducing Regulatory Burden: President Trump sped up the completion of infrastructure projects across the country by signing an executive order expediting environmental review and approval processes.
15. Reestablishing Respect for America: President Trump called or met with 30 foreign leaders.
16. Standing Up to Iran: President Trump ended President Obama’s coddling of the world’s greatest sponsor of international terrorism, Iran, by sanctioning 25 entities and individuals involved in Iran’s illegal ballistic missile program.
17. Draining the Swamp: President Trump made a strong start on his campaign pledge to “drain the swamp” in Washington by signing an executive order establishing a 5-year lobbying ban for all Executive Branch employees and a permanent ban on their lobbying for foreign governments.
18. Reducing Size of Government: President Trump saved the country billions of dollars and began the hard work of reducing the size and scope of government by implementing a hiring freeze for most federal civilian employees.
19. Restoring the Constitution: President Trump took a strong step toward restoring constitutional government to our country by nominating highly-respected constitutionalist judge Neil Gorsuch to the U.S. Supreme Court.
20. Revoking TPP: President Trump withdrew the U.S. from the onerous Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement.
Author: Ken Falkenstein
Ken Falkenstein is the Managing Editor of Committed Conservative and brings a wealth of experience and expertise in public affairs to the job. Ken served in the U.S. Army in the last years of the Cold War as a Russian linguist for military intelligence and the NSA. After leaving the Army, he earned his degree in Secondary Education from Old Dominion University, where he also wrote a popular column in the student newspaper.
Upon graduation, Ken worked as a Legislative Aide to two Republican members of the Virginia House of Delegates. Ken also served as Corresponding Secretary of the Young Republican Federation of Virginia, managed several successful political campaigns, and managed governmental affairs operations for a local Realtor association.
In 1995, Ken moved to Washington, DC to serve as a Legislative Assistant to Sen. John Warner (R-VA). While working for Sen. Warner, Ken attended law school at night, earning his J.D. with honors from the George Mason University School of Law (n/k/a The Antonin Scalia Law School). Since that time, Ken has practiced as a civil litigation attorney, including serving for three years as an Associate City Attorney for the City of Virginia Beach, Virginia.
Ken previously was a contributor to the highly-regarded political blog Bearing Drift and was a weekly co-host of The Steve Batton Radio Program. In 2016, Ken ran unsuccessfully for the Virginia Beach School Board. Ken is also a former President of the Down Syndrome Association of Hampton Roads.
Ken now lives outside of Denver, Colorado with his wife, Kim, and three sons, Adam, Dylan, and Joshua, who has Down syndrome. Ken’s writing is motivated and informed primarily by his concern for his kids’ future.
[…] 20 Major Trump Accomplishments the News Media Are Ignoring […]
[…] during Barack Obama’s eight years as president. Back in February, I wrote a column featuring 20 different accomplishments by President Trump that had been ignored by the establishment “news” […]
Comments are closed.