Mail bombs were sent today to several prominent Democrats, including Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, and CNN. Take the “news” coverage of this story with a grain of salt and resist the temptation to jump to conclusions about who did it. Here’s why:
1. Right now, neither we nor the “news” media know who did it.
2. The most obvious suspect is some right-wing whacko taking violent action against his perceived enemies.
3. If that’s the case, he’s obviously a deranged lone wolf given that no prominent Republican or conservative leaders have called for or condoned violence against their opponents.
4. In fact, Republicans up to and including President Trump very quickly and forcefully denounced these mail bombs (which stands in stark contrast with the utter silence of most Democrat and leftist leaders during the ongoing barrage of violence against us).
5. However, the obvious might be too obvious. It is also very possible that the perps were radical leftists seeking to frame conservatives and Republicans to look like terrorists in their own image.
6. The radical left has an incentive to engage in such an act of violent deception as a way of offsetting the public’s disgust with their actual ongoing campaign of violence and terrorism against Republicans and conservatives.
7. It is an objective fact that the left is engaged in such a campaign and that the right is not. (I am working on a lengthy and detailed expose on this subject that will be posted soon.)
8. It is also an objective fact that Democrat and other leftist leaders routinely condone and encourage violence and that Republican and other conservative leaders do not.
9. And it is also verifiably true that the establishment “news” media have been deliberately hiding these facts from the public and have been working overtime to falsely portray both sides as engaging in this kind of violence.
10. Nevertheless, polling shows that the expected blue wave in this year’s mid-term elections is diminishing because of the public’s disgust specifically with the radicalism and violence of the left. They haven’t been fooled by the “news” media disinformation and cover-up.
11. So, the radical left has a strong political incentive to perpetrate an act of violence and terrorism against their own in order to frame Republicans and conservatives and offset the public’s recognition of the violence and terrorism that they have themselves been perpetrating.
12. The radical left knows that if they did so, the “news” media would dutifully and enthusiastically jump to the conclusion in their reporting that these acts were perpetrated by Republicans and conservatives as a means of supporting their efforts to draw a false and contrived moral equivalence between the two sides.
13. Furthermore, these leftists would know that sending mail bombs to their own leaders would create the appearance of placing those leaders in danger without actually doing so because they know that the mail bombs would be discovered before they reached their “intended” targets.
14. Finally, consider this question: Which side is the most likely to engage in acts of violence and terrorism? Such acts of by conservatives are extremely rare and are not tolerated in the conservative movement. Such acts by the left, by contrast, have become routine and regularly encouraged by Democrat and other leftist leaders.
15. Whoever did this will be found, and then we’ll know if it was some lone-wolf right-wing whack job or a leftist scheme to make Republicans and conservatives falsely appear to be as violent and deranged as they are.
16. So, don’t jump to any conclusions about who perpetrated these acts of domestic terrorism. Keep an open mind and your powder dry. The truth will out.
Author: Ken Falkenstein
Ken Falkenstein is the Managing Editor of Committed Conservative and brings a wealth of experience and expertise in public affairs to the job. Ken served in the U.S. Army in the last years of the Cold War as a Russian linguist for military intelligence and the NSA. After leaving the Army, he earned his degree in Secondary Education from Old Dominion University, where he also wrote a popular column in the student newspaper.
Upon graduation, Ken worked as a Legislative Aide to two Republican members of the Virginia House of Delegates. Ken also served as Corresponding Secretary of the Young Republican Federation of Virginia, managed several successful political campaigns, and managed governmental affairs operations for a local Realtor association.
In 1995, Ken moved to Washington, DC to serve as a Legislative Assistant to Sen. John Warner (R-VA). While working for Sen. Warner, Ken attended law school at night, earning his J.D. with honors from the George Mason University School of Law (n/k/a The Antonin Scalia Law School). Since that time, Ken has practiced as a civil litigation attorney, including serving for three years as an Associate City Attorney for the City of Virginia Beach, Virginia.
Ken previously was a contributor to the highly-regarded political blog Bearing Drift and was a weekly co-host of The Steve Batton Radio Program. In 2016, Ken ran unsuccessfully for the Virginia Beach School Board. Ken is also a former President of the Down Syndrome Association of Hampton Roads.
Ken now lives outside of Denver, Colorado with his wife, Kim, and three sons, Adam, Dylan, and Joshua, who has Down syndrome. Ken’s writing is motivated and informed primarily by his concern for his kids’ future.