On October 27, Netflix released season two the cult hit show, “Stranger Things.” It’s great timing, as America has seen some strange things over the last few decades. America is getting stranger. For example, I had no idea that America had a Congresswoman who dressed like a rodeo clown and listened in on calls from the President to grieving widows. America is filled with stranger things than I remember growing up. We have shows about people over 600lbs and about “little people.” For better or worse, we have the Kardashians. America has rock music that isn’t rock, and country music that isn’t country. “Modern” America is filled with stranger things, here’s a non-comprehensive list.
- President Trump and the Kardashian election
- Former, actual democratic Presidential Candidate, Al Sharpton
- Congresswoman Frederica Wilson
- Men in the women’s bathroom
- Women in the men’s bathroom
- Transgender everything
- Illegal aliens protesting on American streets burning US flags
- Anti-fascists dressed like Nazis beating people for their speech
- Stuff that isn’t in the Constitution that is Constitutional rights
- Stuff that is in the Constitution that some people think aren’t Constitutional rights
- Americans arguing for open borders
- Sanctuary cities knowingly helping illegal foreigners evade the feds
- The altleft
- The altright
- The Party of Kennedy being anti-life, pro-socialism, pro-Cuba
- Democrats who finally think Russia is bad
- Americans who think the world’s problems are because of America
- An NFL quarterback and Heisman trophy winner, blackballed for kneeling and praying
- An NFL quarterback, 3-16 in his last two seasons who quit and is a hero for kneeling to protest America
- Americans afraid of and blaming statues for their problems
- Affirmative hate
- Americans who think America is not and never was great
- Fatherlessness as a mainstream culture
- Biased news
- Fake news
- Really Fake news
- A nuclear North Korea
- Higher Education teaching kids to feel not think
- A society of partisans split into teams
- People who won’t read past the title of a post
- Fake fact-checkers
- “Conservatives” for Hillary
- Vagina hats (this should be higher on the list!)
- We are all Nazis according to the “resistance”
- There is a resistance
- Cultural appropriation
- The NFL-sponsored anthem protest
- Obama’s war on Police
- The Left’s war on Police
- Perpetual wars we refuse to win
The list is endless. Everyone’s a victim. Everyone has been assaulted. Everyone is insulted. Everyone is entitled. Everyone wants free everything. Everyone is entitled to come to America.
This “modern” America is short on free markets and liberty, but it sure has a host of stranger things. This past week, we have been treated to the rantings of a Congresswoman who dresses daily as a rodeo clown attacking a tweet-crazed, billionaire President who was a reality TV star.
I’ve never seen stranger things … though when I do, they will be only in America.
Author: Richard Kelsey
Richard Kelsey is the Editor-in-Chief of Committed Conservative.
He is a trial Attorney and author of a #11 best-selling book on Amazon written on higher education, “Of Serfs and Lords: Why College Tuition is Creating a Debtor Class”
Rich is also the author of the new Murder-Mystery series, “The ABC’s of Murder,” book one is titled, “Adultery.”
Rich is a former Assistant Law School Dean and Law Professor. At Mason Law Kelsey conceived of, planned, and brought to fruition Mason’s Center for the Protection of Intellectual Property, known as CPIP, drawing on his expertise as a former CEO of a technology company specializing in combating cyber-fraud.
In 2014 he was elected by the graduating class as the faculty speaker at their graduation.
He is a regular commentator on legal and political issues in print, radio and on TV. Rich has appeared on hundreds of stations as a legal expert or political commentator. He provided the legal analysis for all stages of the Bob McDonnell trial and appeal for numerous outlets including NPR and WMAL.
Rich also writes on occasion for the American Spectator and CNSNews.com.
In his free time, Rich is part of the baseball mafia of Northern Virginia, serving on numerous boards and as a little league and travel baseball coach.
His Twitter handle is @richkelsey.